Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For media inquiries, contact Robyn Kravitz at email@example.com.
For more information on how to navigate the system and contact school and government officials with concerns about the schools, see our Advocate page.
Prince George’s County Parents’ Groups
- Prince George’s County Education Community Roundtable – An organization that meets monthly to address issues affecting the Prince George’s County schools.
- Prince George’s County Association for Talented and Gifted Education (PGTAG) – A volunteer organization providing information and resources for parents and teachers of TAG students. (Click here for the Facebook page; click here for the Yahoo group.)
- Parents of Students with Health Needs – A support group for Prince George’s County parents of students who are ill (physically or mentally) or pregnant. (Facebook page)
- Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee for Prince George’s County Public Schools (SECAC) – Advocates for positive changes in special education services within PGCPS.
- My Bilingual Child – Parent advocacy group for Spanish Immersion Programs in PGCPS (Facebook page)
Local Advocacy Groups
- MarylandCAN – An educational policy advocacy group. This is our local chapter of 50CAN, a network of state-level advocacy groups.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Maryland (LDAMD) Volunteer organization supporting those with learning disabilities and their families.
- Maryland Education Coalition – An advocacy group that lobbies the state legislature to protect funding and promote systemic accountability.
- Prince George’s County NAACP – The local affiliate of the NAACP, an African-American Civil Rights organization.
- Prince George’s County Educators’ Association – The county’s teachers’ union.
- Safe Schools for Prince George’s County – Coalition opposing cell towers on school grounds.
- No PARCC – Group that wants to eliminate the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) exam in Maryland.
- Healthy School Food Maryland – Coalition working for whole, real, local and safe foods for children in Maryland school cafeterias.
- Decoding Dyslexia Maryland – A grassroots movement advocating for policies that will identify and support students with dyslexia.
- Side by Side – A faith-based nonprofit working to strengthen elementary schools in Laurel.
Forums, Facebook Groups and Pages, and Yahoo Groups
- PG County Advocates for Better Schools – our own Facebook page
- PGCPS Education Public Forum – Facebook group
- Parents and PGCPS – Facebook group
- Maryland R.E.F.U.S.E. – Facebook group
- Citizens for an Elected Board – Facebook group
- Info for Parents of PGCPS Students – Facebook page
- Not Just an Educator – Facebook page
- Prince George’s County Public Schools – Official Facebook page for PGCPS
- Reform Sasscer
- Fix the Lead Contamination in Prince George’s County Public Schools Water Fountains
- Prince George’s Urbanist
- Safe Tech for Schools Maryland
- Parents’ Coalition of Montgomery County
- Real Food for Kids Montgomery
- Prince George’s County Public Schools – Official website for PGCPS. Sign up here for the Electronic Notification System.
- The ARC of Prince George’s County – Support for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities and their families.
- 100 Black Men of Prince George’s County – Mentoring and leadership organization.
- Community Youth Advance – The result of a merger between Mentoring to Manhood Inc. and Community Tutoring Inc., this organization provides tutoring, mentoring, and summer enrichment to Prince George’s County students.
- The Parents’ Place of Maryland – A nonprofit organization helping families of children with disabilities and special health needs.
- Guiding Exceptional Parents – Private consultant who helps parents with special needs navigate both clinical care and educational systems.
- Loud Voices Together – Helps families connect with special education resources and advocate for their children.
- Prince George’s County Memorial Library System – The county’s public library system.
- Misunderstood Minds – Expert opinions and strategies for responding to learning problems in children.
Have another group you’d like us to add? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.