There are several ways to get involved with Prince George’s County Advocates for Better Schools. All levels of participation — from “liking” us on Facebook to becoming a regular contributor to this blog — are welcome. Contact us using the form at the bottom of the page or email us at email@example.com and let us know what you’re most interested in:
- Write for us. Send your original content for this blog to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in stories that have relevance to a broad audience; stories should not focus on a particular school, unless the circumstances described are instructive for the larger PGCPS community. We welcome both informative and opinion pieces. To be considered for publication, submissions must take a respectful and reasonable tone and must be grounded in documented evidence. We may reject any piece for publication, and we maintain the right to edit submissions for clarity, grammar, style, or length.
- Send us tips and stories. We frequently link to stories from media outlets; we welcome your news tips.
- Tell us about upcoming events. Let us know if you have an event that we should consider including on our Calendar. Events should not be specific to a particular school but should be of general interest to the PGCPS community.
- Use social media. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for regular updates, and share our posts on social media.
- Network. Tell us about other advocacy groups in the area. We’d like to link to them on our Connect page, and we’re interested in learning more about their efforts.
- Attend our group meetings. We meet occasionally for face-to-face discussion. Contact us for information about our group meetings.
- Review or edit. We need volunteers to edit pieces for publication, and we need readers to review submissions under consideration.
- Take an issue to the CEO and Board of Education. See our Advocate page for information on how to contact the CEO, the Board, and your elected representatives at the state and local level. If you plan to testify at the Board of Education, let us know! We can give you moral support and helpful tips, and we may be interested in publishing your testimony.
Contact us using the form below.